Scenary drawings and dogs

After going to the art class this morning I rediscovered that Nepali kids are not very creative. All around the class were the pictures of hills on the background, houses with triangle roofs, dark-blue rivers, really LARGE orange suns rising(or setting) between the hills, and squiggly black lines that probably represented birds(one bhai I asked said very specifically that it was a crow). Some were obviously drawn better than the rest, and some were really, really bad, but there was no diversity in the pictures.

So I did a quick google search and discovered that kids from all over the world draw similar pictures. That is shocking. Who tells the minds of those little twerps that a 'scenery' should have green hills in the background, very geometrical houses in the foreground, and so on? Can they not just draw what they see from outside their window, or a beach, or the line outside McDonalds in Kathmandu where thousands of people will line outside the store to eat fried chicken and burgers? Or can't they simply not just draw chicken?

I suspect the issue is ingrained in human mind at birth. I know, its a difficult concept to swallow: the idea that human beings have the concept of 'the perfect scenery' built into them at birth, but it might have made evolutionary sense. For example, the adventurous ones living near deserts would have been told their brains to avoid brown, and go look for green triangles with blue stuff hanging out, because it was the perfect place.

Okay! I don't buy the idea myself, but this has really freaked me out. This, and the stray dog that guys have been feeding recently. Its a girl-dog(ahem) and it has given birth to four litters in Av's bed already. By the looks of it, its pregnant again and looking for another cozy place to become a mother. I love and respect pregnant organisms, but I don't want a she-dog to use our cubicle as a maternity ward, thank you very much.