Guide for myself when I'm running low on inspiration and motivation

 If I'm reading this, I'm probably out of ideas right now. Here's the trouble with writing unprompted. There's way too many options in the universe of everything to hone on something specific to write on. Even if I've figured out the style of the piece, there's no direction for the substance, and if I know the substance either I gotta write it down on general 'story or dialog' pattern, or I'm outta luck.

So here's an idea. For prompted pieces, either I write the way I want to do it, or I pick the prompt, and I pick a style, and run with it. That way I'm extremely limited in my creativity universe, which gives a lot more time to focus on actual substance.

So, the idea is:

1.  From the list of prompts on the right, pick one prompt.

AND

1.1.1 From the list of styles, pick the next style and write in that style

OR

1.1.2 Pick an existing storyline and continue it with the prompt in mind

OR

1.1.3 Pick a new storyline and write using the prompt

 

2. From the list of existing storylines, pick one storyline

AND

2.1.1 Continue writing on it with whatever style it was being written.

OR

2.1.2 Pick the next style from the list of styles and continue the story using that style.

OR

2.1.3 Do something wild, I dunno, maybe combine the styles etcetera.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.