Sthani 2

Sthani and her boyfriend broke up. He was a nice guy, and she's a sweet girl, so I don't understand why they didn't marry each other. But I'm not going to bring that up to her, because I don't want to be called an insensitive jerk again.

In started on the V-Day. I wanted to hang with them on the day, and they were like 'okidokies' with IT, but then I decided not to. Instead, I spent the day alone, stuffing myself with the fantastic burger you get in NewRoad. They celebrated the day as a couple.

See, they're both very nice people, but they're both weirdos to the heart. They've got their own ideas about non-conformity and the underground, and when they disagree, they clash. She's got three tattoos, of which I like the snake on her neck. I believe she intends the pun. He's too non-conformist to be the conventional non-conformist, so he won't get a tattoo. I see him sometimes--we have mutual friends--and we talk, but it's all blanketed in awkwardness. He's past now. Hers and mine.

Sthani says she's done with boyfriends. She adds "Or, girlfriends," giving me rather threatening looks, even before I snigger suggestively. But that's what she said when she was over with her previous boyfriend. Then she was back in two months, and that was three years ago. She goes to all these places which scare my weak stomach, and she meets different kinds of people, and she falls for someone or the other. And I end up getting sucked into her weird relationships.

Her previous guy was my roommate. I was not really good friends with her then. I liked teasing her because she pretended to get irritated. My roommate used to be with me at times, and he defended her. She liked the hunkydory knight who saves the damsel in distress. I found out they were seeing each other after two months into their relationship. We have been close since then.

Before you even begin getting ideas from books like Emma, let me make this clear: cool as she is, she is not the girlfriend material, and as much as I like her, she'd probably be one of last people I'd want to go out with. She's too... uhh. Anyway, I like her, a lot.

I called my roommate for what he was: a traitor. Two months, with my friend, and I didn't have a clue. In his defense, I was wound up in my research then, but that was still no reason to make me a pariah. He made it up in the following months though-- I got to eat everything they gave each other, and use the inedible gifts. I am never going to smell as good in my life again.

That fling was over in four months. That was the time it took them to talk everything about themselves and me-- the only common thread they had. Once they were done revealing my deepest-darkest secrets to each other, their relationship was over. And then in two months, Sthani began seeing the current ex-bf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.