My History--2

"Erica, don't go," he sobs, running to her, and hugs her. It's an unsure hug-- he's unsure about his desires, his future, his destiny-- and connected to his personal history, that of his nation.

She hugs him tightly, and kisses him on the lips. His two wives who're watching this from a distance turn awkwardly away.

" You know I don't have a future here. You know it's either me, or everything else, and I know what you should choose, " she tells him, staring straight into his teary eyes. He stares into her blue bag, still sniffling, and takes a long sigh.

" I don't know what's going to happen now, " he tells her, " There is so much happening. I'm worried more about them then I am about myself." His voice is a raspy whisper by now, very different from how it it will sound three years later when he makes the announcement. "You know why they're helping me through this too, and I don't think they're my friends either," he says as he now stares at the gates.

" I know. It's you destiny, and it's all of theirs destiny, and it's all upto you. My work is done, and I must leave." They hug for the last time, and she walks briskly towards the Ford waiting to take her to the airport. And that's the last time Tribhuvan and Erica see each other.