Status Report

I'm in Accra, Ghana.

I've been busy with everything and Internet's spotty at my place. I've not written anything for the last three months because... no muse, nothing interesting to actually write about (even though I had many interesting things to think and talk about) and the fact that this blog in a limbo, stuck between two very different places.

Accra's nice. I thought it was a combination of Kathmandu, Birgunj and Rajbiraj. Most markets are like the haatbajaars we used to go in Duhabi and Rajbiraj so there's that. On the other hand, the nicer parts of the town are also somewhat nicer than corresponding places in Kathmandu.

People told me it would probably be hot here. It's not. It is actually rather chilly in the mornings and my lack of a proper blanket has created some minor wake-up issues. Evenings are unusually humid but we've been getting a lot of cool wind, so it's rather pleasant.

Bi said Kathmandu is run down, coming apart, and broken-down city. I did not agree entirely, but...sigh. What to do what to do.

Watched the latest Wolverine movie at the hall here... I liked it -- it's fast, doesn't have too much nonsense battles and includes two beautiful Japanese women as major cast.

Photography is splotchy. I'm often confused about what lens to take. I guess that's the result of too many choices without corresponding level of skill. Still, I have some reasonably good photos that I will be uploading once the internet stops stuttering.

1 comment:

  1. Ghana sounds interesting. I want to read all about it. Every day if your spotty internet supports.:)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.