Novella writing idea I'll throw out there

Writing is an exercise for the mind as running is for the body. Writing everyday on a consistent basis means you improve your writing, and overcome 'writers block'. More importantly, it means that even if you are writing 500 words a day, you end up with 2 Harry potter novels worth of words in a year! Even if 80% of that is unusable, you can still make a solid collection by compiling and combining the rest.

I've been thinking about writing for an hour/hour and a half ever day, to reach 1000-1200 words every day. A 'project' would last for two weeks, and within that time, I'd write within the same theme. My dream idea is to complete a 'novella'/story 10-15k words long every two weeks. To make the stories more interesting, I'd take whatever was in the Nepali paper the day before, and incorporate that into the story. Here's an example: The Story of How Comrade Chairman Won: A Tale of Jumping Mon(k)eys. You know, turn the guff-gaff that happens in Nepali chiya-pasals into stories.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.