My love-hate relation with Chemistry will end with a Happily Ever After

My feeling towards chemistry has always been ambivalent: one day I am literally siick of all the equations and laws and rules that seemingly come from nowhere, and the next day, after the test is over and the results come out I feel it wasn't so bad at all, and I feel like doing it again. It's like playing a roller-coaster, except one time the coaster might just fall off, even when I have the choice to stop it at my will.

This time I might just go for it, forever. Last week during the Chemistry class, when only have the class had come, Mr RT asked those present if we liked his class. Out of nowhere, all of us started teasing him by saying we all loved it and would become chemists, all at once. Of course, he did not buy it for a second and said, "Ah, you don't need to say that. Most of you are probably never even studying chemistry again." I knew, ay that moment, that I have to study Chemistry.

It was the hopelessness in his voice, the conviction that he was teaching a bunch of students that had really no interest in the subject, that made me want to prove him wrong and study the subject. Of course, it may have been his intention all along, to trick this students into liking Chemistry, but even if it was, I fall for it. I may have ambivalent feelings about the subject, but I know for sure that I want to study it. Well played, Mr RT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.