Whatever happened to writing from your heart?

I ask this question(in the topic) to myself. I have been doing quite a lot of writing lately (last week, it was 14, 303 words of purely work-related writing in Google docs), but most of it is work related, and not at all creative. I am pretty sure rewriting stories like "Baglung parents proud of their kids" are not going to help me in anything. I suspect that instead, they are stunting my creativity.

Of late, I have started treating writing more as work than something I enjoy doing. Because of that, it seems my plan for the novel is going to to be delayed indefinitely, even though now I have ever more ideas and plots for stories. Not only that, my writing here has been less of what I really want to do( Joel Stein, Dave Barry, et al.) and more of a 'A boring Treatise on the very uninteresting objects, which I am writing because I know I have to write, and have nothing better to do' kind. I feel I will get rid of this only after I leave the Post, so there's yet another reason for me to leave the paper.

My travel plans, which I had hoped to be fabulous have not been as great as I had hoped they would be, but they have been pretty good. I have traveled most of western Nepal with baba now, and I think I will be going to other places with the guys sometime next year. Also, there's some possibility I might out of the country, but it's all in planning, so that probably means nothing...

I do love watching the films and writing reviews all the time, but it seems that Am is coming back to the reviews, so I have to leave even that. My reviews(or anyone else's, for that matter) are not very read here anyways, so I don't mind losing the readership(because there is none). What I will miss is going to the movies every Friday, and thanks to the time difference, being one of the first of general public to watch newly-released hindi movies in the world. Thanks to the same phenomena, I have watched some English movies actually earlier than they premiere in the US! Fun! But no more...

The point of this entire thing is, I am seriously considering leaving the Post sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.