Things I wrote

So seven(!) years ago, I wrote this.

To quote myself:
That's when I realized that love stories are damn easy. In fact, they're the easiest thing in fiction. I mean, if I, who would be a preschooler if such things were the formal education, can spin such yarn, it must be eeeasyy-peasy, right? As always, Pfft, Love stories, sooo overrated....
This is when I realized I'm getting stupider as I age. I distinctly remember thinking then (when I wrote that piece) that I was getting dumber, and was losing all the interesting and cool thoughts and observations I had had when I was younger. I know I think I had had more interesting perspective on life then than I do know. So by commutative law of bullshit stupidity, I'm like really dumb right now guys.

The only way to prove to myself (and I guess, to the world, who I have massively disappointed. They expected a scientist, a scholar, a genius, a thinker, etcetera, and in return they got a third-rate computer nerd bullshit) that I am, not a massive disappointment is to write a book. Like any shitty two-penny book you'll find on the 'overflowing and undersold self publishings' of a kabaadi waala. It doesn't have to be good, it doesn't have to sell (that's what I got a super technical Master's for), it just has to be out there. Vain, you're thinking, this sounds like a vanity thing. Maybe. I have always said this though: I would rather be a mediocre writer than a good-ish whatever-it-is-that-I-do.

Additionally, I have to make my bullshit writing more readable and less uhh... experimental.

As a sidenote, I couldn't agree more with those opinions today. Sure, writing very good  love stories is difficult, but writing a bait of a love-story, to just rope people in is not that hard. (the only problem here is, I've never actually written a good/any love story that people have liked/appreciated. However, I have not written anything that anyone else has ever read, so with those standards, love stories are easier than other ones).

Onwards to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.