At TIA, departing for Boston

It's 1.55 pm Boston time Thursday. Which means it's 12.40 in the morning in Kathmandu. I'm at the airport waiting for the flight to Doha, eventually ending in Boston. If everything goes by plan I'll have landed in Boston within twenty four hours, almost to the dot.

Big journeys are times for reflection and planning since there's not much else you can do anyway. There's a lot of material to reflect upon, with all that month-long pretty happening vacation. Plans were made, life is to be realigned. There's no question of if I'll live by them because I've already committed to them.

These are exciting times, really, all about making the jump and bracing for the cold, hard, bitter, biting water, plunging deep into the darkness, gasping for air, to regain orientation and swim on the surface. Thrive, not just swim.

Not feeling like writing fiction today, need to deprive myself of sleep for the first leg of the journey so I'm on Boston time mentally. Holding off sleep for just five hours would be an achievement since I've been known to go to sleep at 7pm on regular non-travel days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.