Internet super-jerk proves that a Nepali can compete with Americans in being jerk in the internet, makes nation proud

Nepali commentors in the internet generally fall in two categories: either they are very respectful of the post and make their points clear civilly even though they may disagree with the author, or they are an incoherent rush of dirty words and filthy language, and do not have the ability to comprehend an 'argument', they can just shout.

Fortunately, a Nepali commenter called Dhruba has started a trend that is so common among Americans in the internet: appearing to argue logically and coolly, but in effect blathering and stuttering and getting very embarrassed when identified.

It started with the facebook group Be a Hero! Say no to water ballons. Zade-xpress wrote a post agreeing with the stuff posted in the groups page, and adding to the harassments faced by women in holi.

The original content, in the groups page was:
A week before Holi as I was standing before a school in my neighborhood someone dropped a 500 ml water plastic bag from a four storied building. Aimed at my head it landed on my feet. I frantically searched for the culprit and found no one.

A few days later another kid hit me with a water plastic bag on my forehead. He ran away as I called out to him.

Yesterday as I was walking to university at around 1p.m someone hit me with a water balloon. ‘Who did it?’ I asked .A young man sitting comfortably with his gang in a near by shop replied ‘I did, what will you do? ‘. I asked again and got the same answer. I picked up a pebble and threw at him. He got up, uprooted a bamboo stick used to bar the shop and beat me ruthlessly. ‘Do you know who I am’ he shouted. His gang members stopped him and one of them asked me to leave. I kept staring at him. A little crowd had gathered to watch-no one came to my help. I walked to the university catching my arm in pain.

My right elbow is swollen and I have bruises on my back. This is not some snippet of a feature film. This is what really happened. If you have a story to share please do.

Be responsible ! Do not play with water balloons or hesitate to help someone who has been a victim!

And to this, zade added her comments:
This is definitely not the first this has happened.  A girl who walks out of her house minding her own business, days if not weeks before Holi gets hit with a water-filled balloon namely ‘Lola’. A girl who retaliates back at the perpetrators is a rarer event. But a girl who dares to retaliate throwing back a pebble gets mercilessly beaten up by a bamboo stick is something I have, for one, heard for the first time.  Yes, there’s an apathetic audience who see everything but do not help.

and
The most disturbing part of this event however, is the fact that how members of the female sex are targeted by males regardless of their age. This is not to overlook the fact that men are targeted by females too, but NEVER at this scale.

and this(more of the post at the site)
I looked on because I study in the biggest private university in Nepal and have other things to worry about. I looked on because it’s not ME but a fellow student of the university.  I merely looked because I have no guts to stand up for anything.  And a mob of the likes of ‘Me’s makes this society I live in.

The comments are very understanding and empathetic. Except the aforementioned one:
Just get over it. Once a year we celebrate this festival with great fun and enjoyment and you guys seem to be pessimistic about everything….just because you got hit by a LOLA??????…I can understand how girls sometimes try to show that they don’t wan’t to hit when in times they are the ones who are wanting to be hit. Why don’t you try a different street/lane/abandon a day out for such days if you so frightened walking out. Why wouldn’t you do that? I know you want to be hit because then you will know that guys notice you..that makes you feel proud aint it? Just get over it and pen some good stuffs….don’t spoil HOLI’s glory, it’s once-in-a-year festival and you know it. I am against water balloons too but then i think of it again..and I see that it’s what makes festivals so fun-filled and enjoyable….that’s why it is anticipated everyyear…your getting hit with LOLAs is nothing a new chapter in history of Nepal..its a very common thing and very few seem to mind it but you….

I am soo proud of that dude. He's making the entire country known in the area of stupidity, and masochism. Probably had mommy issues as a child.

1 comment:

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.