There's something over here

I have Nothing to Declare by Rabi Thapa with me right now. I got it signed from him today in the reading, and the autograph reads,

For S------,
Nice Photos
Rabi

SwDa was taking pictures, and I was pretending to pose. The photos are not good, even though they were taken by SwDa, who takes really good photos. So it is.

The last chapter of the book is interesting. Everything ends. Like all the last chapters. Someone asked him about that today. I don't remember what the answer was, but for me, the very idea that he decided to end everything in the end was interesting. Everything ends in the end.

It's about Kathmandu, and the middle class, and growing up here in the 90's and the early 00's and the rest. Kind of what I want to do. But then, I do not like the city. It's got 16 stories. I like the stories, but I can't identify with them. I hope he doesn't read this, but god, he's from a different generation. I am still kind of young, I realized. That felt good.

Rabi dai is apparently from BNKS too. Like 12-13 batches senior to us.

I'm not done with the book, but the stories that I have read all make me sad, for some reason. Which I suppose is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.