My achievements of the year 2011

1. My new friends. That includes Bu, Il, Su, and all the fantastic new people I got to meet.

2. People in my floor. My roommate's the smartest[even though he's an Engineeeerrr] and the easiest person to live with, and others are so very sociable. I realized late that everyone's not so lucky.

3. Drama people. I know it's almost forgotten, but the drama people really made my first half of the year.

4. The college. DUHH.

5. My new shiny and awesome Nikon D5100.

6. My second Kindle 3.

7. Began to learn to grocery shop and cook.

8. Got a few more lessons in gifting.

9. Being reminded of the several unpleasant phases a person must pass through, including starvation, and getting through all it almost unhurt.

10. The knowledge of a new script and a new language. I can read Urdu, and am starting with Arabic.

11. Getting over the ' you can tell a St. Marys ko keti ' thing. In Nepal, and here, I met many ketis who've proved the idea strange and misguided. '

12. Stopped bothering the other Su with weird emails. Also discovered that everyone has several threads of those embarrassing weird emails they send to close friends, that are meant to be forever forgotten.

13. Never got into more trouble than I could handle.

14. Got to meet many new people and know them. And then those people who knew those people, thus forming a lattice structure of human relationships. Totally different from no 1.

15. Tried both Dorritos AND Burritos.

16. Had several refills from the Freestyle Coke Machine! Technically, it was 2012, but all in the 2011 spirit.


17. Pillowfight Kathmandu 2011!

18. My involvement with NepalUnites and Die Nepal Banda Die!

19. Made my own burger, sandwich, and ice-cream sundae.

20. Learned to program, finally. Thanks to Pra Da for giving me thumbs up on beginning it in college. Now I can totally program a su-doku solver. I totally can...even though I have not.

21. Being in one of the most cultured, pretty, and smart city in the US.

22. Got a smartphone. Even though it makes me want to smash it into pieces every day, it's still technically 'smart'.

23. Realized the American culture is slightly more, and less, than The Office, Friends, Baywatch, The Simpsons, HIMYM, Phineas and Ferb, and  American Pie Series.

24. Finally fell in love with all of the New Yorker-- all of it,  not only Shouts and Murmurs and comics.

...I'll might keep adding things to this list for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.