Coding as a Solitary Activity

Good coding is not a solitary activity. It seems like it should be – but the more one codes the more one realizes that coding involving discussion on algorithms and data-structures and everything your program is about with one's fellow programmers are a lot productive than ones done in pure isolation.

I never realized the importance of discussions in coding till I was here. Perhaps it was taken for granted – with Cy and Wi open to talk to about any idea or topic under the Sun I didn't realize how crucial they were to my programming. Now that SaDa has put me in touch with Va, who is apparently also coding/interested in the topic I'm working right now, but much experienced and learned, things are getting back on track. It's not the most original epiphany, but you can learn from people and you can teach people .

3 comments:

  1. Being a programmer myself, I can vouch for this. It's true, people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and why the frack does my comment need to be approved?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.