The drink culture that is Ghana

I had what was probably my seventh ginger-based drink in Ghana today. It wasn't as bad as a lot of my American friends imagined it would be, and I was secretly hoping it would be the secret to easy weight loss. One wonders at what point a culture decides that it needs more ginger in its drinks that leads to a massive home-grown and industrial production industry. The best ginger-based drink that I've had is arguably the ginger-beer that I had had at Republica-- my choice is probably biased by the home-brewed sugarcane-based nature of the drink though.

Idea for a future post --someone remind me if I get lazy with the posts : how Americans find the idea of any other flavor for drinks except sweet/alcoholic disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.