Nancy dreams

I've been listening to Nancy Ajram a lot lately. Partly to improve my Arabic, I'll concede, but also also because I like her songs. Oh, and the music videos.

You can tell about people's lifestyles by their dreams. It sounds obvious, but people rarely tell you how they live-- on the other hand, everyone wants to talk about dreams.

Which brings me back to Nancy Ajram's videos. The girl sees an attractive guy, she gets flustered, she puts vegetables uncut, and empties the bottle of olive oil, into the stew she is cooking. Her grandmother has a rifle with her at all times-- the kind of gun grandmothers usually carry, and she's shooting the gun all the time. The attractive guy has a revolver-- to fire into the air, of course, which he does on every occasion he sees fitting.

Symbolism, and dreams. That reminds me of the Egyptian film I watched the other day, Microphone. Made me want to learn film-making. So I'm taking a film-making class this semester. Nancy's now saying that she's all alone-- funny, we practiced that structure last week.

Hearts will melt, or get stolen, and brains will get blown, or freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.