Photoblog: Hyderabad, India

Photos from my summer internship in India: At right, the scene from the... tall thing we climbed on.

It was hot, humid and sticky. I was dripping sweat from my feet, which I had imagined would be impossible until then. Extra care was needed, for I was with a lady of color (white, that is), and if India's unsafe for any group more than women, it's phoren women. Hyderabad was surprisingly moderate though, even though the place we stayed in stank. Banjara hills is a great place to be if you can afford it, and the restaurant we went to this one time -- Yellow Chilli-- was 'really' good.We stayed at the place that served the 'best sizzler in Hyderabad'. I learned something new -- Americans don't know the concept of a sizzler, and are surprised to see food with fire on it. Ooo.

Add: Sizzler is apparently an American chain that--well, serves sizzled food. Huh. It's a thing in South Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.