Relationship Runil takes your valentine's day questions

So Republica think they can match the level of the former Agony Aunt, yours truly. False. The agony aunty is me, and I am the agony aunty. So, here are the questions they got, and MY answers.

I have been talking to this guy over SMS for some time. He’s a friend’s friend. Do you think I need to take permission from my friend to meet him or ask him out?
- Sheetal

Hey Sheetal! I hope you're doing well. I am doing well also. Long time, huh? You know me right? We met uh, in 2008, and you may or may not have had a crush on me, but your friend kept giggling all the time, and that confused me quite a bit. Or you may have had the crush on my friend because you kept stealing glances at him in the darkness of the Jeep as we got down to the Kathmandu Ditch, but I won't believe that you'd have forgone a, lets admit it, more attractive younger man. Oh man, I miss those days, amirite. We should hang out together, yo.
So anyway, I hear you've been talking to this guy over SMS for some time, and that he's a friend's friend. I'm assuming you're not sure if you need to talk to your friend about it, amirite, Sheetal? Yeah? See, I know things about you, because I think that, you know, you tots had a crush on me. Don't lie, ok.
Anyway, back to your original question, nope. Nope nope. No you don't. You don't even need to let him know that you asked him out, and that you guys are together, happily married to a lesser mortal than other greater mortals you might have had the chance of asking out but never did because you know what, Sheetal, I think you may have had a crush on my friend because as I hear it, you kept texting him a lot, and added him on facebook, and chatted him up and stuff, and add to all that, he was a good friend of a friend of yours. So how about that huh? You're such a playa' huh, Sheetal, you keep texting everyone, and getting their hopes high, because they think you have a crush on them, and they're like omg, the v-day is coming soon, so Sheetal's tots gonna ask me right now, whatshouldIdoWhatShouldIDo but you never really ask them out.
 My point is, I think, maybe, that you should be brave about it, and ask him out. Screw your friend-- unless he has a crush on your crush himself.
I’m 24 and I’ve been going out with this 22-year-old guy. But he hasn’t asked me to be his girlfriend. Should I wait? Also, my friends think he is ugly and dirty looking.
- Trisa
 
Hello Trisa! Not to sound creepy, but whatAcoincidence, I'm 22 too, and I have an older girlfriend like your boyfriend(?) too! OMG, right? If things don't work out between you two, we should hang out... LOL. It tots sounds like I'm hittin' on you right, but I have other plans, so get a life Trisa, and pay attention to your boyfriend(?). Kidding!
For the first part, do you feel he needs to 'make you his girlfriend' by maybe doing the 'rounds of girlfriend' around the fire, and making a vow to never check other girls' bosoms because he has a girlfriend and he should totally stop creeping other random women out, specially those who may or may not have directly asked relationship advice from him. If so, you should let him know that you're waiting for it. He might have assumed you like the pace your relationship is going, and be okay with it, but if you want him to know that you don't want him to claim in front of other people that he's single even when you're right there, you should really-really let him know. Waiting is okay, if you're in no hurry for him to admit that you're together, but you might wait forever, so beware.
Are you looking for a clean and handsome guy Trisa? Because, let me tell you, there's only one in Nepal, and currently he's in the US, with a person he wants to be with, and no, he is not shy of admitting that, unlike your boyfriend(?). Does it matter to you if he's ugly and dirty looking? Are you looking for an attractive fashion accessory that you can show around, or someone to be with, that's your decision. If you are looking for a 'boyfriend' and not a 'boytoyfriend', then his ugliness and dirty looks (what the hell does that even mean?) shouldn't matter a lot. Otherwise, you wait. Ta-Ta. Happy Valentine's day Trisa! 
There is this boy who I liked and he liked me too but I dumped him a few months back and I felt terrible. Now I am back with him but every time I go out with him, I am confused and upset again. What’s happening to me really? HELP!
- Confused

Hiya!
Soo... I don't know who you are but I'm gonna go on a stretch here and assume you're a dude. So, you say you had a boy who you liked and it was reciprocated, but you felt terrible. But now you guys are together. It seems that you both have realized that you really wanted to be with each other, and it was difficult to stay separated, and you decided to get back. Now that you guys are back, you should stop worrying -- I'm assuming you're feeling insecure about the relationship, and you wonder if something similar might happen again. Cherish those moments you are together, and try not to worry too much about the future. Enjoy what you've got, Confused.
However, if you DO break up, I understand your concerns. The gay dating/hookup scene in Nepal is not too cool, they say, and it's understandable. Your parents would be a lot more Confused than you are now, Confused, if you came out out to them, so it's only fair that you want a stable gay relationship, because you fear the future, and the uncertainty with your sexuality and the cultural perceptions.
I hear there's some dudes that hang out in Thamel looking out for other dude. Go to Himalayan Java, I've met guys openly talking about their relationships their, and how much their ex-es sucked, and LOL, only their elder sister who's already married know that they're gay, but it's okay, the boyfriend is nice, and they spend a lot of times with kuires, and being in the business where you see lots of kuires helps too, so they're alright about it. Besides, you don't always have to be very at-your-face about things like these, amICorrect, Confused? Go to Himalayan Java with your boyfriend, Confused, or your friends, look around, and soak up the environment. If you can, maybe go to a club/bar, chill out, and talk to the guys and the girls. Dance if you can, if not, rip your hips, bro, rip your hips. They rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.