Currently Reading

Chuck Palhanuik (of the Fight Club fame) seems to have ups and downs, but is growing on me. Reading sixth book by him.

Orhan Pamuk: Yaa, I bailed out of My Name Is Red, but Istanbul is surprisingly readable.

Marquez: I am halfway through ...100 years (because the book owner took it away) but I was at my limit because EVERYONE had the same name and I'm too dumb to keep things in track. I'm reading several other shorter works.

Aziz Ansari: He is a funny, funny, funny guy. I always seem to underestimate him, first with his Netflix show, and then with his book.

As a note, Ansari, BJ Novak, and Mindy Kaling seem to be to be built of same comedy elementary particles. Funny, young-(ish?) comics, super-drenched in cosmopolitan lifestyle (although Ansari brings out often how he grew up in the middle of nowhere America). Highly recommended, all of their works, books and tv series.

As I write these words, I'm listening to BJ's Novak's reading of his book (after having read it once). Though it can sometimes seem to drag on forever, on average, it's a really good book.

Rushdie's 1001 Nights seems to forever be my 'drinking at bar' book now: It's not that long, so I don't want to waste it on normal reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.