Lessons learned in Bostons and other general updates on what the hell I am up to

As I was walking outside in the Sun the other day (several weeks ago), something caught my fancy. Perhaps it was the quiet and peacefulness of the little town I am in, the slowness of a small northeastern yankee town -- the kind where a river runs across downtown and people go sportsfishing on the river on bright weekends -- or perhaps it was my desperation to find something happening, something exciting, something different. Either way, I went to the post-office, and bought a hundred pre-stamped post-cards. To make things interesting, I got them empty on both the sides, so I could draw my own photos. I've posted about twenty of them, having hand-drawn and hand-written on all of them. Overall, a good investment, I would say.


And then last weekend I was in Boston. Much good time was had, friends were met, and many many lessons on life were learned. It appears at this point in my life that a lot of the decisions I have made may have been out of naivete or inexperience (or maybe not). Either way, it was good to realize that I really do need an older mentor with me to guide me through an urban life. Friends are nice, and they are supportive, but they often appear to not have the foresight and wisdom of someone who's been through this all and seen everything. Need to work on that now.

My general outlook on life is now being modified. Not in ridiculously different direction, but some of the assumptions that were made are now being questioned. It's all for the good. As we get into bigger troubles, we prepare ourselves for even bigger troubles in the future. And one day, we are ready to deal with eternity. Okay, that was inappropriately morbid thought for stupid realizations (such as: if SHE's petty, I'll be petty ALSO, etcetera).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.