Confessions

The idea of confessions is very catholic. Admit your failure, admit your darkest thoughts, and you'll be absolved. Truth solves everything. This is in reaction to the popular confession page that's been making rounds.

The thing is, confessions are mostly unnecessary, and wherein they create less happiness, even harmful. Nobody really needs to know the hate you spew for people you don't like. We get it-- you have prejudices, you have thoughts 'Dear EC5 girl, I have a crush on you', 'I get angry when I see townies', 'Omg, group of six have free printing?' Is it sad that people are talking lesser to each other and more through a forum that is anonymous enough not to identify them, but personal enough to reach the target, in good ways or bad? This conversation is not new, I understand, but it needs to be had.

And of course there's the Marxist Criticism of Hookups in American Colleges. To which I say -- (insert an In-Soviet-Russia joke).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.