Pictures from Singapore: The Singaporean paradise for shoppers!

 As everyone knows, Singapore is absolutely the shopping heaven for all shoppers. And so it was for me.

This is perhaps my favourite Singapore-photo post. I absolutely loved all the malls and complexes and boulevards I went to.

The last two pictures are Panoramas, and don't they look absolutely fantastic?

The first two photos are from Vivo City mall, the largest Singaporean mall, and I will be posting a separate post on the mall later.

In the second photo, a concert for little kids is being prepared for, with the sound system, the stage and everything. When the kiddies get too excited and want to totally rock out, they could conveniently jump in the pool of balls(bottom right) 

One of the malls near the Esplanade. The stairs go much higher and this entire thing looks like a blooming lotus.
An art work by Anthony Poon, right outside on of the Orchard strip. Most big malls had several works of arts exhibited in their lobby--one in Orchard boulevard had a two-storeyed Durian outside the main entrance. (Durian is a fruit that some Singaporeans love while others absolutely hate. In fact, some restaurants post the sign 'No weapons, outside food, and Durian allowed)

A receipt of a shirt. I loved the fact that they insisted on giving you the receipt for every little thing you bought. By the end of my month-long trip, I had hundreds of small receipts of purchases of Ice-creams, burgers, cookies, drinks, and stuffed toys.
A really, really long escalator. There seems to be no limit to how long escalators can be-- a newly open mall in Orchard road in 14 storeys high, and you can get to the topmost floor only through 2 escalators. The first escalator goes seven floors, and the second goes eight floors. Thulo mamu did not get on them because she was scared of the height(yes, they are scarily tall)
The newly-opened mall in KL. The owners had been trying to experiment with new localities, so this looked like a grisly bear in North pole. Other tourists were equally surprised to find such a high-end mall in the less-effluent are too. 




Plaza Singapura. It's cheaper than the malls in Orchard, but just as great. I did most of my shopping here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.