Basantapur Pictures II [Updated]

It's late in the night, and I have a huuge backlog of things I need to do. Here's the pics. Text following tomorrow. Along with a few more writings to make up for the days I missed out recently.
These are the pictures that I took yesterday and last Friday at Basantapur. I was hoping to take lotsa long-exposure shots and high contrast ones, but things did not work out, so I was left with these. I will be posting some of yesterday's pictures in another unrelated post.

The first picture is of alu pakoda at one of those thelas. The shopkeeper kept insisting he was a small-restaurant owner, and consented to allow to the pictures only if I referred to him as a restaurant owner. Here you are, Mr. Thelawaalah!

This one, one the right, has a traditional Nepal Army guard protecting the Basantapur area in front of one of the temples. Since it was really very dark when I took the shot, this image was very messy and noisy, so I removed the details to get this surreal portrait.














A composite of several images. The little girl on the right was hovering around the balloon-wallah for quite some time, maybe hoping to get a balloon or the cotton candy, so I took some shots and superimposed them on one another. Since it got kinda messy, I removed details from the image, and was left with this cute but basic image.










I like this picture, a lot. Perhaps the bun is just the right color here, or maybe its the lettuce, but it's pretty good. Of course, I was careless with the motion and all, so the bun is blurred if you zoom in, but yummy nonetheless.












I know, this look super-charged and unreal, but I swear the sausages and potatoes were exactly this color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.