Disorientation

'Disorientation is the loss of East', I told B almost three years ago. It was from Shame (or was it The Ground Beneath Her Feet?), and I'd completed it for the second time. It sounded really cool at the time.

Now I want to read things people in Kathmandu are writing.There's nothing to 'ground' me to Kathmandu anymore. There's sad poems, there's I/NGO-babble, and then the soliloquizing. Where do I find some solid-hardcore writing from Kathmandu, yaar. There's NepaDotLi dai, whom I probably know in real life, and ShakesPears dai whom I don't know. Does Kathmandu reallly need all those fashion blogs? Theory: too many good Nepali writers are in the I/NGO arena, and can't write anything but their reports. It's an established fact Nepali journalism is shitty because of that, but my hypothesis is Nepali blogosphere is poorer than it would be because there's no honest posts, just the press-releases and bullshit stats which no one cares to check. I fought a yak with my hands.

Also, K chha yaar Al..? Long time! Hope college is cool and things? Summer ko k plans cha timro?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.