Of Momos, and more

I love momos.

For the last eighteen months, I have eaten momos from perhaps forty-ish(fifty-ish?) different places in Kathmandu. So I was very excited and surprised to see a post in Nepaliketi featuring different awesome places to eat in Kathmandu. Perhaps I am new to this 'eating out' thing, or maybe Nepaliketi's tastes are very different than mine, but I found surprisingly few places in her list of good places to eat in Kathmandu that I liked too.

That is not good for me. I have begun considering myself a connoisseur of sorts of momos, who is able to differentiate between the northern momos, and central momos and southern momos. I was assuming I had eaten them at all places worth eating in Kathmandu(except Everest momo, where I am never ever ever going but I am not going there) when she mentioned place(s) in New Road I have not even heard of. And even for places I have been to, my experience at certain places seems to differ significantly from other people. Not good at all. I am supposed to be the King of chicken momos, able to recognize the origin of a momo from its very shape and the boso content in it. At yet, it seems I have not been to some of the most popular places around.

To be fair, its a very provincial thing, even for Kathmanduites. Not many living around Lazimpat/Chakrapath will know of the Katti Rolls place below Naya Baneshwar Departmental Store which has THE Best Rolls around and one of the best momos and people from Baneshwar are less likely to know of lesser-known places.

However, that is not a fair justification. I have decided: I am waging a momowar! I am spending MOST of money I earn for the next 6 months in momos from new places.

Also, I miight be 'reviewing' momos and stuffs like that from now on...

1 comment:

  1. you must, absolutely, must visit the whole-in-the-whole place called 'new dish momos' in new road. it will revolutionize your momo senses.
    but, then again, as you pointed out ... there are different momos according to regions. this one suits the fancy of those that appreciate the 76th district ; )

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.