Wibbling and Scribbling was fun, yes

So, my very old Singapore piece was apparently published yesterday in The Week. I had no idea until old colleague dai asked me if I had started working at Republica. I had no idea what he was talking about until he explained about the piece being published. Heh, nice, I guess. I should write more.

And since we're talking about writing already, I should also mention I attended the first session of Scribble Wibble, a writing series or whatever. Just as I had expected, everyone was totally so awesome and instantly likeable. Finally got to meet Aydi, about whom I had been hearing for a more than a year, and other people from Vent. She hurt her leg badly after stepping on a bell, and was obviously in very much pain. Instead of screaming or jumping around in air like I do, she kept making funny faces and speaking words at random until she felt better. Very considerate and strong, no? Wait... On second thoughts, maybe the bell somehow immediately affected her brain and she went crazy, and when she was acting weird she was not actually trying to suppress pain but had gone bonkers and that was the natural way things were in the bonkerity. Mmm.

Dasdhunga released yesterday, and from the sparse reviews I have seen around, it looks pretty decent. Of course, it is also a first supposedly 'good' Nepali film that is not a love story. Gotta watch it.

That is all. Stintson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.