At SuryaBinayak, buying donuts and chips, Ghyampedada walk, pilot baba center, disappointing end of a wonderful walk, bad trails, the most amazing lunch outing ever, Village highland resort, awful photo, Kantunje jujudhau, party at our place [Sun 19]

Disclaimer: This is being written in mid-July, because that's how things are now. I'll write the daily journal posts months after the original days. Shrug. At least it's happening?

Took pathao to Suryabinayak in the morning, all ready for a daylong hike.

Met JD who had just shown up with her dad, and after a short 20 minutes of confusion where JB had been dropped at the wrong stop, we started our walk up Suryabinayak. We bought donuts and chips at a shop on the way.

We walked by the army barrack, taking round and round and round. We saw that the forest had been cut into two, with deep-trench road, and the beauty of nature was destroyed to elevate the land value of the region beyond. We walked and walked and walked, and we got to pilot baba center, where we rested for a while, I saw people there selling nigar and chhyang in bottles. We ate and drank juice and kept going. We reached ghapmedada, and we saw the massive ghyampo there which we took photos with, and we kept going on and on and on. Then we reached this crazy scary scenic view, where the overhang was barely stable and I got super scared but JB and JD had an amazing time there. The walk after there got boring and annoying but we got really really close. The trail had been actually pretty good all things considered until then, but then it was the shepherd-path, which is awful if you want to hike because it's barely better than scrambles. I didn't have a good time this part of the journey.

We reached Ranikot height. It was shit. Dirt everywhere, trash everywhere, people being disrespectful everywhere. I was incensed. Really really mad. People didn't respect nature and their own surroundings. I was unhappy.

We came down of it in 45 minutes, to the other side, and got into Village Highland resort, where we ordered a thali. I did, anyway, don't remember what the other two got. It was a warm winter noon time, I was eating rice and ghiu and dal and yummy vegetables with two of my closest friends, can one really have a much better time than that? The experience was fantastic.

JB took couple of photos of me there. It is then I discovered that actually I'm quite ugly and sure it's angles sometimes but goodlooking people don't look that bad, ever! Also met couple of people from the mafia.

We walked a painful walk down to Suryabinayak temple, and eventually to Katunje main bajar. I hoped to take public transport, but none was available until the main town.

We got jujudhau at one of the places at the chowk, and JB and I got on the bus back home. We saw two different couples making out at the back of the bus, it was...wild. Quite something hahah. Wht's happening these days people!

The mamaghar people had come to our house and there was a tiny party there, got to have a good time with near and dear ones in the evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.