Morning hang with AU at Cutting tea, bhat-dal-tarkari anda for lunch, at NIC, SBK comes too, we get local lunch, I get my first very bad diarrhoea, Sbk drops me, public transport, roti-tarkari dinner [Mon 6]

Disclaimer: This is being written in mid-July, because that's how things are now. I'll write the daily journal posts months after the original days. Shrug. At least it's happening?

In the morning I went to Cutting tea where I hung out with AU. The regular gossip chill hang, you know nothing extraordinary.

For lunch I had bhat-dal-two kinds of tarkari and eggs too, mom really goes above and beyond in making lunches when I'm home.

Went to NIC in Pathao. Talked to people, did the usual things.

Friend SBK came over, I showed him around, helped him co-ordinate with people there. We then went to a very...um..local...shop...not a canteen, just a local restaurant, to get khaja. I got a juice and chaumin and anda. My thought was, because chaumin is going to be boiled, there's nothing bad that can come off it. How very wrong I was.

Sbk drove me to the chowk near KCM, satdobato chowk and man it was at this point I realized what a hellish nightmare it must be for anybody living near the Ring Road. I had to walk by the sidewalk for 20 minutes, and it's possible these were the worst 30 minutes of my time in Nepal, all four months. Bad experience, bad community vibe, nothing feels so good. I'm scared to go to that area because so it's so devoid of life, of culture and people.

Took the public transport to Naya Baneshwar and walked home, possibly.

I was shook, I was really shook people I'm tellin' ya!

Had roti-tarkari for dinner in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.