I have never attended this many weddings, ever

I was never in Kathmandu during the wedding season because of logistical reasons, and the length of time I did happen to be here was not enough to really get a good sampling of the wedding season. This time around my trip coincided with the smack middle of the marriages and party time, and I'm oh so glad -- and also not as much for a different reason -- because I'll have attended at least a dozen-and-half different parties by the time I'm done with my trip. Yes, I don't know many people in the weddings, yes the girls I see are often my cousins in one form or other so the primary motivation is rather...constrained...and yes, the constant nagging by literally everybody involved to get married has begun getting under my skin. But man, the people, the sights and the sounds the food and general vibe is chill, you really gotta start attending a lot of those weddings if you truly want to understand a place, or be reacquainted with it. I've been getting to know Kathmandu better through these weddings and it's been one hella time. Good times. Goooood timesss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.