Chill and read at Bouddha, overeating at the Tharu restaurant Barghar, sandy ghonghi, so many items, too many items, home early [Sun 5]

Disclaimer: This is being written in mid-July, because that's how things are now. I'll write the daily journal posts months after the original days. Shrug. At least it's happening

On this day I went to Boudda. In retrospect it feels like it couldn't have been so early in my Nepal trip, but it was almost of month after my original arrival. Bit of a bummer I didn't go again but oh well, there was a lot of stuff happening and also there was a point when I kinda' gave up on leaving the house. Bit on that later.

Thought of taking pathao to Bouddha. Discovered I could take a tempo there instead. Which I did, from in front of Apex college. Had loud college students in dress sitting across me having lots of fun with each other guh. Took rounds of the great Stupa and went into a nearby cafe third floor to people watch. Spent the next three to four hours reading and watching people and chilling and relaxing, yeah what a wonderful mix of different kinds of people from all over the world. The most curious experience.

From there I walked for 10 minutes to Barghar restaurant, a tharu cuisine establishment. I wish I could name the items, I probably could but that'd be a list of ten of the most wonderful tasty, crispy, spicy items I don't want to remind myself because I'll start missing it all.

The ghonghi, which I was there to evaluate and see if I wanted to work as a market promoter for, was far too sandy, not well curried and a general disappointment. It was quite a bummer and it was at this point that my interest towards the 'promote the seafood of Nepal' idea started seeing a lack of interest. It would be worth further exploration but it's clear Nepali traditional cuisine is still...traditional, and based on people's household habits and not designed for mass cultural adoption.

Regardless, the experience was very rewarding and I would go there to eat everyday if I could.

Got back home on pathao from there, back at a pretty reasonable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.