Bhat-dal-tarkari lunch, poetry discovery and laptop work at De Matka, afternoon to evening garden party in Lalitpur, the most wonderful party in Nepal I've been to, international DJ, latenight home [Sat 18]

Disclaimer: This is being written in mid-July, because that's how things are now. I'll write the daily journal posts months after the original days. Shrug. At least it's happening? 

Had bhat dal tarkari for lunch.

Went to de matka, standard chau chau and momo and tea probably. More discovery of Indian journals and wonderful poetry and analysis of said poetry. Vilahana, Ram Ravana, you know the rest of you get the gist.

PU had invited me to a garden party, so I headed out to Lalitpur in the afternoon. Finding the house was hard because there was no balloon that should have been at the gate, it had been popped. I think I caught PU on the way and we went together, but I can't remember the exact details anymore.

There was so so so much food, it was incredible. The house was amazing, the furnishings incredible, the yard unbelievable, the rent ridiculously cheap. It had been organized by a bunch of young-ish social workers and ngo' workers, bunch of Americans and Germans and South africans and French mostly girls but some guys. PU's brother was in the same rock climbing group as them.

And then I had the seven or eight best hours of Nepali party life ever. If this were to happen even twice or three times a year, I'd move to Nepal, just for this, that's how awesome it was. Made new friends, met new people, got to understand new personalities.

I was supposed to get home with PU but she got really really drunk and had to crash there, so after midnight I took pathao home.

I had the grandest time there, this was one of the biggest highlights of my Nepal stay, besides all the important family events and meeting family etc.

There was even an international DJ! We made fun of the 'international DJ' part, but actually he was quite good. Like surprisingly good. Gosh I miss this.

Garden party, the best party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.