Bus and burger [ Thursday 29]

Work was as usual yesterday, perhaps on the slower side.

I ate for three days maybe four during lunch yesterday and it was a bit much... Like maybe after my third sandwich I should have stopped but didn't, because there was a cookie as big as my face in front of me and I had to have it even if that meant I was eating enough for seven kids in Darchula. In the evening everyone was just rushing for home because it was the Thursday before the long weekend and of course everyone was going to be working from home on Friday.

The trip to South station was extremely frustrating (see: yesterday's post) as it took me way longer in the train than it would have me had I just walked the entire way. Which I ended up doing anyway since the train I finally got into showed no sign of moving, or closing the doors for that matter, so I figured I'd just get out and walk, something I should have done all along. And right outside the stop I saw the Burger. King, and you know the story about that from the other post.

The bus ride itself was... Just ok. I keep forgetting how uncomfortable bus seats are, and how much they hurt my back, neck, legs, all of them. Like what it is about them that makes them more uncomfortable than regular seats I don't understand but naive common sense would suggest they would try making it more comfortable than a car ride (whose substitute they are, or should be) but it's almost as if they want to remind you every moment of your existence in the bus that you are in there because you made a series of bad decisions and if you were a better person in any way you wouldn't be suffering through the punishment.

Also, funny stuff, I don't understand how this works, but it seems a lot of fast food messes with my stomach? Like, maybe it's the oil, or potentially several other things, but the whopper I had yesterday made me feel a lot more bloated (read: farty) than usual which was really rough because I didn't want to stink up the bus but then I didn't want to go to the restroom just to fart every fifteen minutes either. Maybe it was just the uncomfortable traveling that messed me up though, I want to give the chains the full benefit of doubt.

So I got in at Phila at 12.15 in the morning, chilled there for like fifteen minutes and got in at my friend's place in the burbs (we took an Uber) at 1.15. We talked for the next two hours and caught up on eight months of conversations, and slept pretty late. Fun times. The house I'm staying on at is so professory. Loving it!

In other news, I'm so so so close to completing my cli blogging tool, really excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.