Painting up, and no cycling yet [Tuesday 27]

Finally got around to putting up the painting I had bought at Rockport. I think of myself generally as a mostly mature, adult human being who's had his fair share of 'being cooked'. And yet with the hanging-of-the-painting, I started from scratch -- I didn't get it done right on Monday (and the painting is riiight above my head when I sleep) and had to redo it. For some reason hanging paintings and command hooks feels like something that should come to one naturally, you know?

The household hammer, which had gone missing for many months, has been rediscovered deep within the piles in the common-room closet, and it was such a relief for me because JD really needs hammers sometimes, and I felt responsible of misplacing it.

Went to the thrift store at Davis after work yesterday, and...you know what...I'm not sure if it's just me or the season or what, and this comes from someone who has traditionally loooved loooved them, but I uhh am starting to think the household section (or the store in general) of the thrift store in Davis is not particularly good or exciting and could use a redo. Like, I know I've found some treasures there (like the claypot baking dish, among others), but it just doesn't feel exciting anymore. Is it me that changed, or the thrift store? Ahh thrift store, how we've dhrifted apart!

The pizza at Oath pizza in Davis is pretty good -- had one yesterday, and it was dripping with the olive oil, but actually quite good. The half-pizza that I got was quite satisfying, and I felt good after eating it, so win-win?

The government finally returned some of the money it owed me, and it STILL owes me quite some money, so it feels like I'm a loan shark now, lol?

Ended up not biking or doing bike-related things last night because there was a department meeting at work that goes on for longer than regular work hours, and then I took the Davis route to get back, so by the time I was home, it was so late there was nothing to do but clean my room finally. Which I did! I got around to it, yay, and I'm almost (almost almost) quite satisfied with it. With the painting up, my backpacks on the wall, and the room mostly-clean, all I need is a nice rack in here, and I'll be rockin' like a...aa...umm.. a villain. Or chillin'. Killin' maybe, idk, as in you're killin' it maan. You know what I mean. Okbyeee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.