Philly boys [Friday 30]

There was a long post here that got deleted while I paused to think and I'm Hella mad for Google's @ss blogger app. F this shit. Summarizing everything below.

Work was per the usual, working remotely from friend's place near Philly. Most exciting thing to happen was I ate a full avocado and made two legitimate avocado toasts. Went to Philly in the evening and got stuck in traffic for an hour because we took an uber instead of the train on a Friday evening. Walked around downtown Philly and I found Philly to have more NYC vibes than Boston vibes, in a good way. Philly as a city, though it may be smaller and less affluent, has a lot of interesting stuff going on culinary wise compared to Boston since Boston's so expensive and no one can afford to experiment there. There's a lot of good and affordable places to eat in downtown Philly unlike Boston. I liked how diverse the city is and how distinct the Philly soul is compared to Boston. Girls are nicer here too IMHO. Went to an Indian restaurant and had a really tangy and authentic dosa, and biryani, good times throughout.

Walked to old city and waterfront and I got a pretty good mocktail and friends got beers at a brewery and good times were had. Walked over to this fair playground thing by the Delaware River looking over Camden and considered seriously the possibility there's something about Philadelphia that makes it a romantic city.

Watched a bit of Derry girls at 2am because apparently my friends prof who is Northern Irish had the exact Derry girl experience in the nineties. Too tired, went to sleep.

This post is better than the one I originally wrote. Conciseness and quantity of content can and do go together and I should consider being less wordy when I write here. More is rarely ever better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.