Cycling returns [August 26 Monday]

Started cycling again yesterday, hopefully will last for long this run. Got tickets to go to Phila. for labor day weekend, and it's gonna be fun fun fun. Wrote more than a thousand words on the nature of the khyaa, and the conclusion was: it needs to be treated like a proper human being, so I'll be giving khyaaks the dignity and language reserved for humans. Had a productive meeting at work, though work itself wasn't particularly productive. Did a bit of cooking, and had a solid protein-only dinner last night, which felt filling so I'm leaning towards doing that a lot more. Heard back from the fam this morning, and they're headed towards the destination in India and they're gonna have a fun time, quite happy about that. Need to get back to baking and dehydrating soon, but that kinda' stuff often sorts itself out. Worked a bit (several hours on the writing/blogging app, and the conclusion I've come to with that is : I'm trying to recreate a blog, but with a different interface. I can just use the existing and write to a private blog instead. Still need to figure out weird google authentication stuff, and I should be all set beyond that.

With regards to my posting here, it's been about two weeks since I started regularly posting here. My record (!) for regularly posting here is a couple of months (back in the heyday of blogging in Nepal). If I can get writing down as a inseparable habit, with a short startup time and thought time, and can get the process down to ~15-20 minutes, it's possible i'll be able to break my 'laziness' during holidays and non-work days and still keep posting during non-regimented days. Since my habit-breaking events are always non-regimented days, once I can bridge them too, I'll have a good pace going, and I can finally trust myself as a habitual person, with good habits. Need to work on that more. A quick startup would mean I can do other activities in the meanwhile, so I'd be double/triple as productive as I am usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.