Rules are meant to be ...(?)

They say not too seriously that rules are meant to be broken. You can only break rules, however, when you are bound by a system, and you have lukewarm feelings towards them. It's fun to break the rules, if there's any you follow. If you're a lawless vagrant kinda' person, there are no rules to be broken (tons of bones though if you're into that) so there's less fun.

I'll stop with this nonsense right now and get to the point: there aren't enough rules for me to follow, so my life's generally pretty unstructured and extremely unplanned. When people talk about how awesome it is to be spontaneous, they come from a place of being generally planned and organized and letting go once in a while. When your entire life looks like an ill-organized amorphous blob, there's not much fun in there, is it.

So with that in mind, I'll be making my life more organized and disciplined and rules based, so when I break all the rules and go wild and so forth, I can cherish the feeling of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.