Completed Hiranya's story, and future writing plans

I just plotted out the entirety of the planned novel for Hiranya Kashyap here. This is the most plotting of a story I've ever done without actually writing any of the story, so I'm pretty excited about it.
Current idea is to write every chapter concurrently (or almost so). So that would be like a hundred words here, a couple of hundreds there, and so on, until I was done with beginnings of all the chapters, and then I'd write the meat and potatoes, and then the ends, all at the same time. Another idea I've been considering is to write every chapter like in steps. So right now I have a very basic outline/summary of each chapter. In the next stage, I'd elaborate each individual idea into about ~100 words, so I'd get about 100-300 words per chapter. It would still be the summary of the larger set of events to happen, and the various threads in a same chapter wouldn't yet be connected. Then in the next phase, I'd expand that ~100 words into ~400-600 words, and get most of the stuff in there, and then have primitive connections to other threads. Finally, I'd add interesting dialog (rather than purely functional one), small observations, elaborate on character etc, and then connected the various threads completely, so the various events happening in the same chapter seem connected to each other. Finally, I'd put finishing touches on it, and have one, straight chapter, after removing the choppy bits. It's a plan, we'll see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.