Boomerang restaurant and bar: review

This is a part of 'project 110, going back and re-filling', writing is happening 8ish months after the date.

Lets cut to the chase here, the Boomerang restaurant and bar, which lies by the bank of Fewa Lake in Pokhara, and which has been there for at least three decades, can be summed up in one word: 'mediocre', if you give me a second one I'll add 'disappointing'. A third word would be: 'overpriced'.

My family had a thing for Boomerang back in the day, their cultural dances and so on, and we've been here before on many occasions, though the most latest trip was in April with my parents. I looked at the menu and was awed by the insane, incredibly unbelievable prices, particularly for a place that didn't look specially good. Perhaps, I thought, the quality or service is going to be impeccable and that's what we're paying for. Not so. I ordered katti rolls and they brought me roti and takari. Fucking roti and tarkari for fifteen hundred buckaroos. So massively disappointing.

The only thing this place has for itself is the location, which isn't much as there are dozens of better-served places with better food nearby. Their prices are insane, the service is extremely mediocre, the food is a big ball of disappointment, the ambiance is nothing to write home about specially considering the prices. And the cultural program is just okay. If you were visiting Nepal for the first time, had no idea about Nepali culture or tradition and made it a point to not see cultural dances anywhere else to the point of absurdity, maybe this place would be right for you.

If not, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, under any circumstance whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.