Driving classes and Gym in Kathmandu

This is a part of 'project 110, going back and re-filling', writing is happening 8ish months after the date.

During the four-month stay in Kathmandu, two of the activities that helped me pass the time in t he mornings were going to the nearby gym, and learning to drive at the driving class. This is not really a review.

The gym was pretty great, a local instructor was helping everybody out with workout regimen and postures, tips and techniques. The people there were actually friends with each other, and there was a surprisingly large attendance of women. Other people commented and help me improve my form, though they weren't well-informed. For example that one time a well-meaning guy said my pushups were too splayed-out, I took it well and then got so disheartened I never went to the gym again. Despite that, the gym attendance helped me lose some weight and get my vitality back.

The driving classes were hectic, anxiety inducing but eventually useful. I didn't learn much in the 18 sessions I went to, and after an instructor told me it seemed I'd not learned anything, I never went again, disheartened. It wasn't too hard, but I'm just so nervous and don't need to learn, don't care for the fun of it, far too much for me. Maybe I'll never learn to drive, and it's okay. The world will keep turning, the sun will rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.