Entertainment girls at Sukute resort

This is a part of 'project 110, going back and re-filling', writing is happening 8ish months after the date.

It's getting late and I've wasted the last two hours not writing and doing everything but.

When we were at Sukute beach, we, by which I mean my family and everybody besides me since I was in the room working and sleeping, noticed that the evening party had some girls who were quite eager to dance with young men and encourage everybody to get in on the act and have fun. Like suspiciously so. And the next morning we find they're all friends, sitting near us and talking as if it's a regular workday. This is how we discovered they were entertainment girls, don't know the technical word, but hired party girls expected to fluff up the crowd and get the party started.

I have several different thoughts on the matter, quite revealing, and related to class bifurcations. First, it's a bit weird no, like having a staff of girls whose job is to dance and dance with men etcetera, specially since it's a family-oriented resort? Second, my complaints aren't really about existence, but hmm about the 'valence' of the situation...while the resort had maybe correctly identified its target customer base and gotten the entertainers targeted to them, it made me realize, maybe the next time I go to these resorts I'll spend more money and stay at a better place. Not like I'm made of money, and thriftiness is what everybody teases me about all the time, but if something's not your vibe it's not your vibe, and it's no fun to have no fun to save some money. Rather spend a bit more money and have actual fun, according one's desires! And thirdly, there's no doubt clubs in the US and elsewhere do that too, it's just good business sense -- plus I've talked about that audio-based app that was hiring groups of young women to rile up groups of people, so clearly it's a Nepali tradition as well -- but maybe hmm targeting a higher shelf than your customer base mind consider to look for could make more sense? Don't know, I'm no businessman, it's nice that those ladies get to make money out of what they hopefully enjoy. Just...a bit..left field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.