TU Central Canteen review

This is a part of 'project 110, going back and re-filling', writing is happening 8ish months after the date.

I must have eaten about a dozen times at the TU Central Canteen. Samosa, jerri, selroti, boiled eggs, achar, they were my standard fare, quite often I'd go on the 'more is more' side of things, which gained me a few extra pounds. This place is to blame for a large part of that.

The price is set, in agreement with the University, which means you know that's as cheap as you can reasonably find without a big compromise on the quality.

In terms of the order experience, it's always a rush, a long line of people impatient and unwilling to wait for their turn. If they improved the way orders are made, which currently involve shouting at the shopkeeper didi, everybody would have a significantly elevated experience.

The ambiance is...it's a shed with benches and basic tables, the inside room is dirtier than the outside, some flies around, a standard canteen that I would be surprised if it was any better than this.

The taste is quite good, never have complaints about anything, there's lots of consistency on the taste, and high variability on the time the dishes take to be delivered.

I had good times here, talked to some serious people, and if I were a student at TU, I'd quite appreciate the canteen and the wide variety of tasty yet healthy grubs they offer.

Eight out of ten, with proper expectations in place. I'd eat out of here everyday, no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.