Project momo

This is a part of 'project 110, going back and re-filling', writing is happening 8ish months after the date.

Project momo is one of the tightest business operations I have seen in Kathmandu. It would be so damn easy to franchise, and make money off of.

Here's the setting: the 'lobby' area has enough seating for maybe four people, there are bar chairs and tables, but you could squeeze six people at the most. Dining in is possible, but would you really want to? And within is a small kitchen that makes only one thing: momos. That's it. This is a momo place. As in, they sell momos, not just the steamed once that mass market places do, they will do C-momo, they will do szchuan momo, and jhol momo and many more, but just momo. From a very small space. And a staff of possibly one. The cook mans the phone, takes live orders, and cooks. It's self-serve if you want to dine in.

Their momos are good, I love their concept, the sauce is tangy, even their more experimental momos are laudable. I like the place, and while this is not the 'comfort momo' of many people's childhood, I could eat veggie ones from this place couple of times every week. That's a lot in my book.

9 out of ten stars for me, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.