Getting tired of plants

This is a part of 'project 110, going back and re-filling', writing is happening 8ish months after the date.

Am I getting tired of plants at home? I don't think so. They're sort of low-maintenance generally and some of them have failed to take root, the nerve plant I took a cutting from Sb's old place has died and come back multiple times but appears to have died for good. The large-leafed plant I got from PN's place is in a state of semi-death, a zombie that I'd be very surprised will make a comeback. 

The succulents are doing decently, except the one from Sb once again, but that was due to my lack of familiarity with the cutting. The oldest succulent has so many children, and the branches have gotten so large they're popping off the plant all by themselves. Then there's the pothos plants. They're in various states of semi-survival. They're not necessarily thriving as much as I'd hoped, or have seen in other people's places. I suspect it's due to my fear of trimming them aggressively and replanting them. That's my next plan.

The one downside lately has been cleaning up the browned leaves and dying stems. They weren't an issue when the plants were young and taking root, now that they're more mature I must learn to handle their adolescence and old age.

The Spring is about to hit very soon, and it would be the perfect time to trim and repot, replant and fertilize, to have the plants not only stabilize but thrive beyond my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.