Bhat-brokauli-dal lunch, 20-40 all by myself because of reasons, youth envy, walk to dillibajaar shandar momo and having local momo of all sorts in the evening [Sat 1]

This is a part of 'going back and re-filling unwritten journals' project, the real writing is happening 8ish months after the date as a part of 'project 100'.

Morning bhat was with brokauli and dal.

Because I was getting a bit of a cabin fever, I went to 20-40 in the afternoon and checked out the menu. There was nothing of interest in the menu for me, so I just ordered fresh lemon soda. I overheard all the young couples talking, fighting and having a generally good time and grew green with envy, but I was also relieved by the fact that I didn't have to go through all the troubles and travails as them.

Still hungry, walked to Dillibajar, stopped at Shaandar momo and ordered couple of plates of momos, including maybe half-plates of buff and possibly pork for myself, after trying veggie first. I liked them all though the meaty ones don't go well with me so I get the terrible burps after eating them. The sauces, three kinds in total, are so yummy I go there mostly for the sauces, and the smell is so 'classic' feel, slightly raw Nepali style dough smell, can't describe it but I don't consider any momo without that smell a real momo, which is most momo in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.