Is it me or has my writing become more florid, better generally?

This is a part of 'project 110, going back and re-filling', writing is happening 8ish months after the date.

The sad part of the writing journey is this: I wrote this title for a blog post in Jan 2023, possibly December 2022. It is now Jan 2024 and the time has finally come for me to write on it. What was originally thought has been forgotten, the original context has long gone. All one has is a whole lot of desperation and a little bit of confidence. Not very much skills. Persevere one must, however. Let's go.

Sometimes my writing feels like it's improved over the years since I started writing on this blog. Not for all kinds of posts, specially not the boring journal-type, or for sentences like these. In certain ways the quality of my writing has gone down, that is not just an impression but a true fact. But on very few occasions, the words take a florid turn, ready to tie themselves into a glorious blight fragrant garland, ready to elevate the wearer into a league that has royalty and Gods. No one is claiming that my writing has become professional here, no no, but when some writers say the words write themselves? It's possible they may not be making that crap because I too feel that sometimes. Specially on days when I'm a bit tired, not feeling it, my eyes are heavy with sleep and exhaustion and my brain rests. My fingers however keep moving and when I wake up hundreds of words later, I see the written word, creation from these very hands. It's good guys, sometimes that written word is so good! It shocks me and confuses me because here we are, untalented and ungifted, unable to be helped even by the best, and even we do get lucky on occasions because the creativity spirits decide to visit us. The words take a life of their own, and  all of this misery is for that, to use one as a vessel for creation for higher entities. That is why I do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.