When I discovered actually I'm quite ugly, Ranikot trek

This is a part of 'project 110, going back and re-filling', writing is happening 8ish months after the date.

We were at the end of our Ranikot hike and either of the J's took a photo of me at the resort, by 'angel wings'. It was by far the most disgusting, unflattering embarrassing photo of myself I've ever seen. I was dirty, out of shape, old, unshaven and so raggedy. I was a bit depressed for a couple of days truth be told, send the photo to my sister who said it wasn't fair because the angles were all wrong and I was just done through a hike, but the discrepancy between my self-image and reality was so big it was a big shock to the system.

And that's how I discovered that actually I'm old balding, fat and quite ugly. Yikes. Not that it matters as none of these values define me anyway, it's like a pianist being told actually she's quite a bad taekwondo performer, but it hurts because it's valued generally so much.

Ah well.

Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.