Early morning to the airport, new friend, quick flight to Simara, overpriced transport to town, exquisite lunch at Royal paratha house, old memories, going to AG place, exploring old factory, conversations, khaja, almost cancelled, evening desserts, home late in evening, picked up [Tue 24]

I'm writing this in late June, because of the 5-month stay out of my control. This is how life is, how it'll be. What to do.

This was an exciting day! NG has asked me if I wanted to go to Simara and come back on the same day and I'd said okay because there wasn't much else happening in my life at this point and I was already tired less than a week into my Nepal trip.

So I went to the airport early in the morning, met N's friend H, got on the plane, for the flight that finally flew after getting delayed by 1.5 hours and landed in Simara. There we took an overpriced transport to Birgunj downtown and had the best paratha meal in Maisthan. So freaking good, I had curd, roti tarkari achar and everything. We did go all in, ended up paying 1500 buckaroos NC for three people but oh my how satisfying and tasty and fatty it was ugh.

Lots of old memories came back in, this was where I grew up as a child, saw one of the places grandparents lived in, old school, the clock tower, the book stores I used to go to, man, good old times.

Went to the agriculture tools industry, found it all torn down, MP and his gang had already showed up and we got shown around the place. We made plans towards how to revive the place, what the problem was, and how the grasses and trees had been gotten rid of. I think if somebody comes up with a plan to teach foreign engineering and mba students to take of the place, it'd do better. Unclear. 

Had Khaja next to the new Bhat bhateni that was being constructed, I had boring stuff, and we talked a lot, I told MP to inspire the government employees because that's what they need.

Took a very affordable public transport to Simara airport. We were squeezed but definitely not ripped off.

Because the weather was so foggy our flight was pretty much about to be cancelled, so I took the gang to a dessert shop nearby and got us all the sweet desserts ugh so sweet so juicy so very very good I still miss it.

Fortunately for us the flight wasn't cancelled and we took the 15 minute plane ride back to Kathmandu. Back home dad came to pick me up and I was back home 12 hours after leaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.