What happened to all the restaurants on my walk, and the future of Seattle food scene

Saw the big little burger permanently close the other day as I walking that way. Then I saw two other restaurants down the street had shut down recently too. That's interesting, wonder what's happening around here. Is it the prices, is it the labor situation, is it the demand aka reduction in consumption? If more pricey places take their place, it can't be the reduction in consumer interest. Maybe it's the increase in rent, with the non-matching increase in prices, where restaurants can't upscale at the same rates the rents are going up? But the macroeconomic news and general vibe suggests that everybody is getting ready for the 'recession' that's likely not gonna happen so I don't buy the fact that the older more popular restaurants are being outpriced out of the market by the fancier places. But the fancy places are so insanely pricey I don't understand how the market is even supporting them, there can't be that many people making so much money and the recent tech firings must have dampened the market right?

It's so weird, I'm curious how things are going to pn out.

More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.