Landing in Kathmandu, good pickup entire family comes in, no jet sleep issues, out and about right away next morning, start getting ill, dead Durbarmarg, meeting NG, Ranjana soda, BK's burger, tempo home [Thu 19]

I'm writing this in late June, because of the 5-month stay out of my control. This is how life is, how it'll be. What to do.

This is going to be a long one because so many things happened on this day! This was a great start to a long trip that was pretty good but my personal self worth kept going down as the days went by so this is the best I'll feel about myself in all the upcoming posts.

Landed in Kathmandu, paid a guy a decent amount of money, a loader, to help us with the luggage, there was no problem with immigration or customs fortunately. 

The entire family was waiting for us at the airport when we landed at two in the morning. Hugged, caught up, packed and went home. Went to bed and fell asleep right away, no jetlag at all. I suspect it might have something to do with me having messed up my sleep from Seattle so my body caught up pretty quick.

The next morning I got up, had rice at home and was out and about right away without missing a bit, like I hadn't just had a 30-hour trip from the East Coast. The dust and allergy got to me right away though.

Dressed up really well and felt so good about myself, took the tempo to durbarmarg, which was so so very dead, so disappointing. Met Nimesh there where we went to Hot Breads, and talked etcetera, we walked around our old hunting grounds, got the Soda ant Ranjana's, NG was acting like a tourist all the time which was so funny to me because he basically goes to Nepal twice as often as I do. We also went to BK's burger, and yea they've not changed at all, like literally things are the same. Same people, same burgers, same fans, it's a bit weird.

Took tempos to back home. I think I started working at night right away from this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.