Visiting the NIC with NG, meeting MP, finding teaching contact, assigned task, dropped in thamel and Yangling khaja, hotel Yog with an old sus friend, big plans and no actions, pathao home [Tue 31]

I'm writing this in late June, because of the 5-month stay out of my control. This is how life is, how it'll be. What to do.

As I write this now, it's mid July, but such is life.

Visited NIC with NG in the morning. Okay so I clearly wrote a bunch of these and somehow they got deleted but I'll keep going. I got to NIC about 30 minutes before NG did and sunbathed. After he came over MP showed us around the place. A bit later a group of students came to see the place, and what a surprise they were from our high school back in the day! Talked to the teacher and promised to meet again, and generally made friends at NIC. Was assigned task by MP to help one of the groups with robotics.

NG had a doctor's appointment so he took a taxi home and dropped me near Thamel. I walked to Yangling and ate a hearty Khaja there. On my way back home I was walking and an old school friend of mine (S) whose name rhymed with somebody else (L) but who shared the last four letters of his name who I always confused names with, saw me, from behind and recognized me by my gait. I take that as a compliment really because at this age I ain't got no time to worry hun etc. Anyway we went to this place called Yog hotel which has at least 7 levels of roof and balcony.

Here's the thing, might have written about it elsewhere but I don't know what the deal with that place is, alright. Because it's a bit...strange. Strange people, strange doings, there was interesting stuff going on. Quite put my finger on what I found so disconcerting really, but hmm let me put it thusly. It appeared to be a place for Kathmanduites with lots of wealth and no profession to hang out and chill away from the eyes of their parents and friends, who might be found in places of better repute, who didn't necessarily grace places of quite ill repute with their own presence. Duno if that made sense.

Anyway, we made plans for like three hours to open up an educational consultancy, and then nothing happened ever. I was quite excited then, I really was.

I took pathao home, remember that distinctly because I had trouble with locating the bike exactly.

And with this I'm done with the journal writings for January good riddance. Four more months of journals, plus all the other written work to go. Yeah it's scary, but so is like, I ain't gonna let it get the better of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.